This guide describes how to load georeferenced Nearmap imagery in Cityworks using a Nearmap item found in ArcGIS Marketplace. The process includes creating a web map in ArcGIS Online.
NOTE: Both Cityworks and ArcGIS Online are not Nearmap products, and as such any support you may need should be directed to Cityworks or Esri. Please contact Cityworks support by emailing email@example.com
This guide is intended to give you general instructions on how to view Nearmap imagery in Cityworks, and might not reflect the latest version of the application.
- Create a web map in ArcGIS Online using the a Nearmap item found in ArcGIS Marketplace:
- Login to ArcGIS Online: https://www.arcgis.com/home/index.html and click the Map tab.
- Click Add ? Search for Layers:
- Select ArcGIS Online from the My Content drop-down menu:
- In the Search for layers box search for the Nearmap item you want to use, e.g. Nearmap US Vertical Imagery, then click Add to Map:
- Save the map. Click the Save icon, then click Save and add Title, Tags, and Summary, then click SAVE MAP:
- Share the map with groups inside of your organization. Click the Share icon and select who can view the map, then click DONE. NOTE: Do not make the map public.
- Copy the Web Map ID from the ArcGIS Online URL:
- Go to GIS Services in the Cityworks application:
- NOTE: If you don't have a Cityworks account, you can request an account via this link: https://mycityworks.force.com/s.
- Go to the Designer screen, either via Admin ? Designer, or Site Manager ? Designer:
- Select GIS Services:
- Add a new GIS Service Resource:
- Under GIS Service Resources click Add:
- Click Add again:
- Select Web Map as the Service Type. Name the service - it doesn't need to match the name of the Web Map in ArcGIS Online. Enter the Web Map ID that you copied in step 4, then click Add:
- Add the resource details:
- Set the Security Type to Token:
- Click Use AGO URLs to populate the field for Sharing URL:
- Enter your ArcGIS Online user ID in User Id.
- Click Set Password and enter your ArcGIS Online password.
- Enter https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/generateToken as the Token URL:
- Click Test Security. You should see a Security is Valid message:
- Go to the Service Definitions tab, and select the map, then select the Map Service that you just created, in this case it is the Cityworks Nearmap Item:
- Go back to the Service Resources tab and add Geocode, Geometry, and Print services:
NOTE: Once you add Geocode, Geometry and Print you don’t need to add them again.
- Click Add, then name the service Geocode, enter the following URL: https://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer, and select Geocode as the Service Type, click Add.
- Click Add, then name the service Geometry, enter the following URL: https://utility.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer, and select Geometry as the Service Type, click Add.
- Click Add, then name the service Print, enter the following URL: https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%20Task, and select Print Task as the Service Type, click Add.
- Click on the map icon in the top right to launch your map:
- When prompted enter your Cityworks credentials to proceed.
- Select Legend, then click Nearmap US Vertical Imagery. If you can't see Nearmap's imagery zoom in to the area you are interested in: