Integrating Nearmap Imagery into ZWSOFT ZWCAD+ 2014
You can import JPG/JGW file pairs downloaded from the Nearmap MapBrowser into ZWSOFT® ZWCAD+® with the following instructions. Specifying or changing the map projection of the image is not supported, so ensure that your image is in the projection you want before importing it.
It's important to understand that when you download a georeferenced image from Nearmap, a JPG image and a JGW text file will both be saved. The JGW file indicates where the JPG fits in the world, but ZWCAD will only be able to read the file if you change its extension to TFW.
- Change the extension of the JGW file you plan to use. For example, if the filename is email@example.com, change it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The rest of the filename must match that of the JPG and not be modified.
- In ZWCAD+, click the Insert menu and select Attach.
- In the Image window that appears, check Using Positioning file, use the Find button to select the TFW file corresponding to your image, and click OK.
- Click the View tab and click Extents in order to zoom to the extents of your image.
- Your image should now appear. The coordinate system in use will match the coordinate system of the georeferenced image you downloaded, so for example, if the image is in EPSG:3857, the coordinates refer to that system. As with all map projections, take care to understand the limitations of the given map projection before using for measurements.