NOTE: When using the Nearmap imagery as a layer on top of certain Esri basemaps, the maximum zoom level may be limited to that of the basemap. This is an Esri ArcGIS Online feature, which is explained here: Choose Basemap - Basemap Considerations.
Follow these steps to make Nearmap imagery the basemap:
- Sign in to Esri ArcGIS Online at: https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html
- Open your map in the map viewer and click Add.
- From the Add dropdown, click Search for Layers.
- Select ArcGIS Online from the search options:
- Enter nearmap in the search box.
- Click Nearmap US Vertical Imagery for US customers, Nearmap AU Vertical Imagery for AU customers, or Nearmap NZ Vertical Imagery for NZ customers.
- Click Use as basemap.
- Save your map.
- Close and re-open the map viewer page.
The additional Nearmap zoom levels will now be available for viewing.
You might also be interested in How to Mosaic a Raster in ArcGIS Pro and Creating a Web Map with Nearmap Marketplace Item as a Basemap in ArcGIS Online.