The MapBrowser Boundaries feature allows MapBrowser users to visualize boundary lines as well as other data about a property or land parcel, as an overlay on Nearmap imagery, with boundary data provided by Precisely.
Nearmap uses a national data aggregator, which sources boundary data from each state’s official land registry agency. An updated data set is provided to Nearmap every quarter by the aggregator, and this data is uploaded to MapBrowser. Some customers, such as local government, tend to rely on their own data sets, as they are often the most up to date for newer subdivisions and developments.
Accessing MapBrowser Boundaries
To access the Boundaries tool go to the location you want, then select the Boundaries option, which is under Data Layers, ROADS AND BOUNDARIES.
NOTE: The Boundaries option will appear directly under Data Layers if you do not have a subscription either for AI or for GDL.
Once you select Boundaries the boundary lines will appear on the map, unless you are not zoomed in enough - make sure you are at zoom level 16 or higher.
Australian users can select whether to view Cadastre or Property lines.
- Choose the color, brightness and opacity of areas and radii.
- Choose the color and brightness of lines.
- Adjust the opacity and background of the project by dragging the slider to the left (lighter) or right (darker).
- Boundary layers are only visible at zoom levels of 16 or greater. To check your zoom level, look at the URL. The number before the "z" is your zoom level. E.g. "16.00z".
- Use the color picker and the opacity and background sliders to adjust the contrast so that the imagery and boundary lines are displayed clearly.
Cadastre vs Property
The cadastre is a register of property titles, which is usually managed by government agencies. In Australia, this is usually the Land Titles Office for each state. Cadastre represents parcels that are essentially the smallest area of land capable of sale without further approval to subdivide. A property is an area of land recognized by Local Government (or equivalent agency in the ACT) as a singularly valued/rateable entity. It may comprise of one or more cadastral parcels.
Parcel Details - US
When you click a property, the parcel details appear with the calculated area displayed in the Inspector panel.
Cadastre and Property details - Australia
When you click a cadastre, its details appear with the calculated area displayed in the Inspector panel.