ArcGIS Pro is an Esri desktop application that you can use to easily display Nearmap's True Ortho imagery.
The True Ortho imagery is delivered in geoTIFF format.
NOTE: ArcGIS Pro is an Esri product, and as such any support you may need should be directed to Esri.
This guide is intended to give you general instructions on how to view Nearmap True Ortho in ArcGIS Pro, and might not reflect the latest version of the application.
Tested version at time of document release: ArcGIS Pro Version 2.1.0.
Viewing Nearmap True Ortho
- Open ArcGIS Pro and create a new Project. You can create a Global_Scene or a Local_Scene project.
We recommend you create a Local_Scene project, because it gives users more controls over other layers that are brought into the same environment.
The basemap will come up:
- Insert a New Scene by selecting Insert ? New Map ? New Scene/New Map:
- This creates a new scene (3D environment) or map in a new tab:
- Add the 3D content (True Ortho) by selecting Map ? Add Data ? Add data to the map, then select all the exported .tif files:
- Select Appearance ? Symbology, then for each of the exported .tif files change Alpha to Band_4, and Stretch type to None:
You can zoom in and out using your mouse.
In the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is a circle that indicates whether the imagery is still loading.