This article describes how to load Nearmap AI shapefiles into Civil 3D as working data layers.
For information about using Civil 3D, check Autodesk's Knowledge Network at: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/.
Loading Nearmap AI Shapefiles
To load Nearmap AI shapefiles into Civil 3D:
- Download the AI shapesfiles using the AI Feature API or AI Offline.
- Unzip the shapefiles into a folder.
- In Civil 3D, select the coordinate system to use. To do this:
- On the Settings tab, right-click on the drawing name.
- Click Edit Drawing Settings.
- From the Available coordinate systems list, select the required system for the drawing.
- Click OK.
- Import the shapefiles. To do this:
- Type the command
MAPIMPORT. The Import Location dialogue is displayed.
- From the Files of type list, select ESRI Shapefile.
- Select the .shp you would like to import.
- Click OK. The Import <File Name> dialogue is displayed.
- Check that the coordinate system matches the one you selected in Step 2.
- Select the Import polygons as closed polylines option if you want to import building attributes.
- Enter the
Zoom extents command to view imported AI layers.
Importing Building Attributes
You can import building attributes or characteristics when you load AI shapefiles. To do so:
- In the Import <File Name> dialogue, select the Import polygons as closed polylines option (see Step 6 above).
- Double-click in the Data field. The attribute data window is displayed.
- Select Create object data.
- Click Select Fields. The Object Data Mapping dialogue is displayed.
- Select the attributes you would like to import.
- Click OK in all import windows. Building Characteristics will now display in the Properties tab of the selected polygon.