This guide describes how to load georeferenced Nearmap imagery in Cityworks using Nearmap's WMS 2.0. The process includes creating a web map in ArcGIS Online.
NOTE: Both Cityworks and ArcGIS Online are not Nearmap products, and as such any support you may need should be directed to Cityworks or Esri. Please contact Cityworks support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This guide is intended to give you general instructions on how to view Nearmap imagery in Cityworks, and might not reflect the latest version of the application.
- Obtain a Nearmap Custom WMS 2.0 URL. Using Nearmap’s new Custom WMS will allow you to geofence the area, and access historical imagery, as well as State Plane Coordinate Systems in NAD83 in the US, or GDA 2020 in Australia.
- Create a web map in ArcGIS Online using the Nearmap WMS 2.0 Service:
- Login to ArcGIS Online: https://www.arcgis.com/home/index.html and click the Map tab.
- Click Add ? Add Layer from Web:
- Select A WMS OGC Web Service from the drop-down menu, enter the URL you copied in step 1, and click GET LAYERS:
- Select the layers you would like to add, and click ADD LAYER.
- Save the map. Click the Save icon, then click Save and add Title, Tags, and Summary, then click SAVE MAP:
- Share the map with groups inside of your organization. Click the Share icon and select who can view the map, then click DONE: NOTE: Do not make the map public.
- Copy the Web Map ID from the ArcGIS Online URL:
- Go to GIS Services in the Cityworks application:
- NOTE: If you don't have a Cityworks account, you can request an account via this link: https://mycityworks.force.com/s.
- Go to the Designer screen, either via Admin ? Designer, or Site Manager ? Designer:
- Select GIS Services:
- Add a new GIS Service Resource:
- Under GIS Service Resources click Add:
- Click Add again:
- Select Web Map as the Service Type. Name the service - it doesn't need to match the name of the Web Map in ArcGIS Online. Enter the Web Map ID that you copied in step 5, then click Add:
- Add the resource details:
- Set the Security Type to Token:
- Click Use AGO URLs to populate the field for Sharing URL:
- Enter your ArcGIS Online user ID in User Id.
- Click Set Password and enter your ArcGIS Online password.
- Enter https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/generateToken as the Token URL:
- Click Test Security. You should see a Security is Valid message:
- Go to the Service Definitions tab, and select the map, then select the Map Service that you just created, in this case it is the Cityworks Custom WMS 2.0:
- Go back to the Service Resources tab and add Geocode, Geometry, and Print services:
NOTE: Once you add Geocode, Geometry and Print you don’t need to add them again.
- Click Add, then name the service Geocode, enter the following URL: https://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer, and select Geocode as the Service Type, click Add.
- Click Add, then name the service Geometry, enter the following URL: https://utility.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer, and select Geometry as the Service Type, click Add.
- Click Add, then name the service Print, enter the following URL: https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%20Task, and select Print Task as the Service Type, click Add.
- Click on the map icon in the top right to launch your map:
- When prompted enter your Cityworks credentials to proceed.
- Select Legend, then click Nearmap WMS Server. If you can't see Nearmap's imagery click the Zoom to layer's extents icon:
You can zoom in further: