These instructions apply to AutoCAD® Map 3D® 2016 and above, and describe how to load georeferenced Nearmap imagery using Web Map Service (WMS).
Rather than import a single image of a small area, WMS allows AutoCAD to request the imagery directly from the Nearmap server in a variety of map projections.
Please note that only certain Autodesk applications (AutoCAD Map 3D and Autodesk Civil 3D) support this functionality.
To consume Nearmap imagery via WMS, you must first create a Simple or Custom WMS Service, which generates a URL for you to copy to your computer's clipboard. Once you have done that, you can conveniently paste it into your application as required.
For more information, check out the WMS 2.0 Integration documentation.
- From the Task Pane, click the Data icon.
- Click Connect to Data.
- In the Data Connections by Provider window, click Add WMS Connection.
- In the Add a New Connection panel:
For the Connection Name, enter Nearmap.
- In the Server name or URL field, paste the WMS URL you copied to your computer's clipboard.
- Click Connect. The User Name & Password dialogue is displayed. Do not enter anything in the User Name and Password fields. Click Login.
- The Add Data to Map panel appears in the connection window. Expand the Nearmap node and configure a layer:
Check Combine into one layer, and give the layer a name.
- Click Add to Map. Your layer will be displayed.
- To configure a different coordinate reference system, click the CRS icon at the bottom of the map display window.
- Search for an appropriate coordinate reference system, select it, and click Assign.(Please refer to Natively Supported Coordinate Systems)
- The imagery is reprojected into your chosen CRS.