What is MapBrowser?
MapBrowser is a web - based application that lets you view, mark up and export a variety of Nearmap content. Easily explore locations of interest and examine change through historical content. Take accurate measurements of important site features with MapBrowser’s easy to use tools and organize your work into projects. LEARN MORE
- Explore a location - Quickly find a location of interest by street address, latitude and longitude coordinates, suburbs, places of interest or by simply copying a MapBrowser URL. You can switch between base layers to change your perspective and get a closer look.
- Take measurements remotely - Nearmap high resolution imagery means you can inspect and measure sites from the comfort of your office. With the built-in measurement tools, you can confidently take line and area measurements, and leave notes with the annotation tool.
- Navigate back in time - Every subscription comes with access to our rich catalogue of historical content which enables you to go back in time. Every imagery is timestamped, so you have a reference of when the photo was taken and compare imagery to detect change.
- Export imagery - We made it easy for you to export high resolution imagery to use in your presentations and design workflows! Use the Export tool to download georeferenced or high resolution imagery of your project area. Use the Snapshot tool to take a screenshot at your screen's resolution.
Measurement tools for vertical imagery
Manage your work with MapBrowser Projects
The MapBrowser Projects tool lets you add content-rich information to your location of interest, which you can save, organize and revisit.
- Save and refine your best laid plans - Create, name, and save plans and layouts on Nearmap high resolution imagery. Return to and update your projects as many times as required, and save unlimited projects.
- Understand all your projects at a glance - Easily sort and save projects with custom tags, and view all your projects in a single dashboard. You can also archive lower priority projects.
- Measure once, analyze infinitely - Projects remembers your site measurements and annotations, so you don’t have to. Deepen your understanding with the ability to measure a sum of areas or distances in a single click.
- Group key site features in layers - Organize your site insights by grouping similar objects or features in distinct layers, colors and opacity. You can also import KML and overlay extra content on the imagery give you the extra context you need to understand the site.
Nearmap content can also be used with third-party applications, such as ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, Autodesk Civil 3D and even your own custom applications. Depending on your workflow and content type, there are two main ways to do this.
- Export content using MapBrowser
- Stream content using our WMS and API integrations
Ready to learn more?
Nearmap Oblique allows you to view a location from multiple directional perspectives, providing you with a 45-degree view of the world.
Quickly measure the height of structure, roof area and slope to better contextualize your environment. LEARN MORE
Immerse yourself in photorealistic city models with 3D Viewer - obtain elevation data, measure height and distance between buildings with this powerful feature available in MapBrowser.
Learn more about the range of Nearmap 3D content available for on-demand export in 3D Export Pro as part of this premium offering. LEARN MORE
The built environment is a rapidly changing place. Use our AI data to detect change over time, or streamline your data analysis for a higher quality result, at greater scale, and updated more regularly.
Export our AI data for analysis with either geospatial software or a simple spreadsheet. LEARN MORE