Detailed instructions for loading 3D content are given below.
Exporting content from MapBrowser
- In MapBrowser, click Export.
- Select your area of interest, Export type as Georeferenced image, Projection system and the Resolution of the output image.
- As soon as the download is ready, click the filename to download the files to your local disk.
Loading content into OpenRoads Designer
To load content exported from MapBrowser:
- Launch OpenRoads Designer.
- Click to set the coordinate system in your OpenRoads 3D workspace.
- Click the Terrain tab, and select From File.
- Locate the downloaded file(s) and select the files to import.
- In the Import Ter r ain Model(s) dialogue, confirm that all options are set to maximi s e performance, such as number of points, and then click Import.
OpenRoads Designer will then generate a terrain model based on the .jpg raster image.
Once the terrain model is loaded, you'll have the ability to work with it just like any other terrain model, such as creating cross sections and profiles, generating contours, and generating flow arrow maps.
3D Textured Mesh Example
This example shows how to load 3D textured mesh.
- Click the Home tab. From Attach Tools, select Reality Mesh.
- Select the textured file mesh that you exported from MapBrowser in the 3MX format.
- Click OK to load the file within the 3D workspace.