Creating a Custom API service
To create a custom API service:
- Click the Integrations, API Services tab.
- Click CREATE SERVICE.
- Click ADD AREA. You can add an area in one of two ways:
- Drawing your area of interest on the map.
Use the search box to search for your location, then draw the area you wish to add.
- Choose whether to add start and end dates. If you specify the dates, you will limit the response to the dates within this range.
- Uploading a GeoJSON file of your area of interest.
- Click the upload a GeoJSON file link. The Open dialog is displayed.
- Select the file to upload, and click Open. Alternatively, you can directly drag and drop the file into MyAccount.
NOTE: The GeoJSON file can cover a maximum area of 6000 km2. The file will be uploaded, but cannot be processed if the area is exceeded.
- In the Area name field, specify a meaningful name for the area.
- Click CONTINUE. You can add more areas to the service if you want to.
- You can now rename the service. Click the Ellipsis button (button with the three dots located in the top right corner).
- From the menu, select Rename.
- Type a name for the service.
- Click the green tick to save your changes.
- Click Finish to close the window when you are done.
- To delete the service, click Delete on the Ellipsis menu.
Working with GeoJSON files
Here are a few examples of valid GeoJSON files opened in a WMS client. Note that the expected co-ordinate system is WGS84 lat/lon. For more information, see https://gisgeography.com/wgs84-world-geodetic-system/.
You may encounter errors if you upload a GeoJSON file with:
- Multiple non-overlapping polygon
- Multiple invalid overlapping polygons
- Unsupported non-polygon features
- No content in the GeoJSON file or an invalid file extension.
Custom URL structure
The Custom URL structure looks like this:
Custom WMS Layers
Once added to the WMS Client, the resulting catalog looks like the image here.
In the image, you can see user defined names:
- FY20 Projects - The name of the service
- Bondi beach, NSW - User defined area name
- 2019-01-27 Sydney - A layer corresponding to a survey from that date that was automatically created by the WMS server
- Newtown, NSW combined - A layer that was automatically created by the WMS server. Contains all the imagery from the area within the optionally specified dates, with latest on top