To provide users with access to the Nearmap Rapid Appraisal widget, the Nearmap account administrator needs to create a widget in MyAccount with support from the owner of the system with which you want to integrate (host system).
The configuration is a 3-step process involving:
- Your Nearmap administrator creates a widget with assistance from the host system owner.
- The host system owner uses information generated by Nearmap from step 1 to create a signed URL to integrate the widget.
- You access the Widget by logging into your system.
NOTE: A widget can only be associated with a single subscription. If you want different subscriptions to be used, you will need to create a widget for each subscription. You can create multiple widgets for a single subscription. Any user with access to the host system will have access to the widget that's integrated. Registering the Widget URL
Only Accounts that have been provisioned with the Nearmap Widget will have access to the widget creation page in MyAccount, and only the account administrator will have access to the Widgets tab.
To register the Widget URL:
- Log in to MyAccount.
- Click Integrations. If you do not see the tab, it is likely that you are not a Nearmap administrator.
- Click Widgets.
- Click SET UP NEW WIDGET. The Widget Setup dialog is displayed.
Complete the following fields:
- Name Widget: Assign any name you want for the Widget. The name of each Widget can be a maximum of 100 characters and must be unique.
- Origin/URLs: Location URL or IP address where the Widget will be hosted, typically, a named URL or IP address. You can enter multiple URLs if you want to use the same Widget within different host systems.
- Subscription: Select the subscription to be associated with this instance of the Widget. Note that you can create as many Widgets as you want and associate each with a different subscription.
- Click NEXT. The <Widget name> dialog is displayed, with the unique Widget URL and Client Signing Key that are automatically generated along with other details specified for the Widget.
- Share the Widget URL and Client Signing Key with the CAMA system provider. The CAMA system provider's developer will use the Widget URL and Client Sign in Key to generate the Signed URL.
- Click DONE.
NOTE: A new signed URL is generated every time a user accesses the Widget.
Once the Widget is set up, it is displayed in the Widgets list. The Status of the Widget is Pending until the URL is ready for use; it changes to Active within a few seconds.
Testing the Signed URL
To test whether the Widget URL works:
- Open the Widget details by clicking on the Widget name in the list of widgets.
- Click TEST SIGNED URL.
- In the Test Signed URL dialog, paste the signed URL.
- Click RUN TEST. If errors are found in the signed URL, they will be displayed in the Results dialog. Fix the errors and test the URL again.