This article covers the errors you may encounter when you set up Delegated Authentication in MyAccount.
The following information is covered:
Errors may occur during Delegated Authentication set up when:
- Creating or editing a connection - these errors occur because of an issue with the metadata URL.
- Testing a connection - these errors occur when a user cannot connect to their login page or they are not authorised by their IdP to access the Nearmap connection.
Such errors show up on the Test Results page.
Once Delegated Authentication is set up successfully, users may encounter errors when they are signing in to Nearmap via the IdP. To resolve these errors, see Troubleshoot Login Errors.
Errors during setup
This section identifies some of the errors that can occur during set up, what causes these errors and how to resolve them.
Metadata document cannot be retrieved using the Identity Provider Metadata URL
Check that you've provided the correct metadata URL and that it's accessible.
|Create Connection and Edit Connection dialogues|
- The metadata URL is incorrect.
- Auth0 servers cannot access the metadata document because of security rules at the customer's side blocking access.
- Provide the correct URL for the Identity Provider Metadata.
- Make sure that Auth0 servers are allowed to access the metadata document.
You are redirected to the customer's IdP, but the browser times out or displays one of the following error pages:
- A 404 error page
- An IdP error page
|Test Connection dialogue|
- You have entered the wrong metadata URL for the protocol you have chosen.
- You have not configured your IdP correctly according to the instructions from Nearmap.
- Your IdP is not accessible from your browser.
- Check that the the connection ID and metadata URL are correct.
- Make sure that you are on the correct corporate network or VPN to be able to access your IdP. Also, your IdP must be accessible from the Auth0 servers.
| You are able to authenticate with the customer's IdP, but the browser displays the IdP error page.||Test Connection dialogue|
You are not authorized by the customer IdP to use the connection to Nearmap.
|Check that you are authorised to access the Nearmap connection using the customer's IdP.|