Autodesk InfraWorks is a conceptual design tool for the preconstruction phase. Using InfraWorks you can view Nearmap's 3D point cloud model in .rcp Autodesk supported format.
Nearmap's 3D point cloud imagery is delivered in .las file format, which can be converted to .rcp format using Autodesk Recap 360.
NOTE: InfraWorks is a Autodesk product, and as such any support you may need should be directed to Autodesk.
This guide is intended to give you general instructions on how to view Nearmap 3D point cloud in InfraWorks, and might not reflect the latest version of the application.
Tested version at time of document release: Autodesk® InfraWorks® 2019.
- Select New.
- Give the new model a name and optionally a description, then click OK
- Open the Data Sources pane by selecting the below Data Sources icon.
- Click the Add file data source icon and select Point Cloud, then select your .rcp file.
The .rcp file is a file that has been converted from a Nearmap point cloud .las file using Autodesk Recap 360.
- Select file and click the Configure data source icon:
- Set the coordinate system to UTMXX-11X, then click Close & Refresh:
- The point cloud file will change from Not Configured to Imported. You can then zoom in, tilt, and pan using your mouse:
- You can start conceptualizing different things such as buildings and trees:
You can also create roads, bridges, drainage, and more.