The following template is designed in order to obtain information about failed API requests. The more information you can provide, the better we can identify and resolve problems you have encountered.
Before we provide the template, here are some recommended best practices for using our APIs.
The following best practices are recommended to use our API as efficiently as possible:
- Handle rate limit responses
- Use an appropriate request timeout
- Retry on 5xx and 429 responses with exponential backoff (but not on other 4xx responses)
For more details, see the article New Standard for Nearmap APIs.
When reporting a problem with API requests, please provide as much of the following information per request (where appropriate):
- Username or User ID
- Request URL
- Request Method
POST or PUT requests
- Request ID (
X-Hyperweb-Requestid in the response header)
- Cloudfront ID (
X-Amz-Cf-Id in the response header) if present
- HTTP status code
- Response body where it contains a JSON payload
- Response time
- Any relevant information about network setup, in particular any use of proxies, service mesh, etc.