We are happy to announce a new and improved generation of our AI content which comes with the following features:
New Neural Network Architecture
Highly customised, multi-scale semantic segmentation architecture loosely inspired by DeepLab v3. You can read about DeepLab v3 here. By investing in our own in-house neural network architecture, we've managed to achieve substantial performance improvements across many of our AI Layers, most notably for large buildings, that were not possible to achieve with standard "off-the-shelf" architectures.
- Greatly improved raster and vector for commercial and industrial buildings (warehouses, concrete roofs, etc.). Gen 2 is now fit for purpose for C&I building use excluding downtown and CBD areas.
- Greatly improved recognition of Construction Site.
- Improvement in all Roof Materials (particularly tile and metal).
- Improvement in Solar Panel, Swimming Pool and Trampoline.
- Raster smoothing during AI Layer visualisation for all layers except for Building, to reduce artefacts (but preserve sharp corners of buildings).
- Identical vectorisation process to Gen 1. Performance improvements are all due to improved raster AI Layers.
Processed Dates and Coverage
- Updated US data set (Spring 2020 season, and select other coverage).
- Note that as well as more recent data, Spring 2020 is majority leaf-off, which improves ability to recognise buildings, pools and trampolines under heavy tree cover in the USA.
- Updated AU data set (latest published as at June 2020).
- Other coverage available on request. Contact your Nearmap Account Manager.
Available now for visualisation and export in MapBrowser.
View AI Layers
Export AI Parcel Data
Available for offline delivery (raster and vector formats).
Export AI Layer Raster (Offline Delivery)
Note: We haven't removed our first-generation content from MapBrowser, so for some areas and some survey dates you may be able to view and export both first and second-generation AI content.
To view - select the survey date from the date picker. Refer to the section: What if I see a warning icon?
To export - You'll see multiple survey dates in the Capture dropdown. Refer to section: Select the capture.